Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kemper starts Kindergarten. And the Annual Man Hike, AKA The Trek!!

Getting on the bus the second day, we drove him the first, and he begged and pleaded to ride the next morning. I figured he would want us to take him the first few days.......do I even know him?
So excited for his bus to come
The ugliest backpack he couldn't live without! He doesn't even like Spongebob
Bittersweet, watching that bus drive away. Can it really be true he is actually in Kindergarten? I know every Mom says this, but time really does fly. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze it, and let my emotions catch up. I figured this would be a breeze for me, sending him to school. I have been nothing but excited, and feeling no hesitation about this chapter of his life. Then the Sunday before his first day comes, and I am freaking out. The morning comes, like it always does, and he is sooooo excited, and I know he has been waiting for a long time, and I smile with him, and realize.....I am totally ready, what was I thinking!! It is only a half day?? :)
The men, in their natural habitat, ha ha!!
This is pretty much heaven for Chad, it was great fishing they said.
Kyle, stopping to take a picture with my dog Pepsi
See, men really can cook when it is necessary!
My dad and brother Kyle, in the tent playing games. Do you think they got some sun?
I love these boys......I mean men of course.
Mother and son. Pepsi and Kip's dog Codi
My oldest brother Kip. So photogenic, kidding Bro, love ya!
Kyle, taking another rest. I think this was a regular thing for him this trip :) That pack does look heavy.
This is probably where Chad spent 90% of the Trek
Notice the spices in his pack, he loves his Tony Chachers
Tasty. That is a whole lot of fish, no one can say they went hungry.

Every year the Men on my side of the family go on their Trek. It is so fun to see them get so excited and start planning weeks in advance. They had a blast, and they hiked so much. I am proud of all of them, they earned those fish they caught, thats for sure.

3 comments:

april said...

Kemper is in Kindergarten! WOW. I can totally relate to feeling that time moves much too fast. When we were little time couldn't go fast enough, then we grow up and wish it would stop. I will cry like a baby when I see the school bus drive off with my baby on it, I just know it. I had a hard time when she went to nursery! For the love!!!

Nice pictures of the men on their wildlife excursion---seriously that is so great! You will never starve with such an awesome fisherman ;)

Krissy said...

Kemper on the school bus!!! Oh my goodness he is so big..I'm sad about it.. Stop growing Kemper James.... That day will make me very sad when Halle rides away on the school bus..Oh I can't think about it.

Looks like the guys had fun. We need another girls trip.. One that doesn't require alot of money.. Maybe even a couple nights at a hotel to just get away from it all for awhile.. That would be fun..

Colleen said...

I'll be the first to admit that I love spongebob (as in i'm the only adult at the gym watching it!) but that backpack is slightly scary!

Are you ready for the marathon? Its soooo soon! You'll rock!