Saturday, February 9, 2008

We love you too Grandpa!

Kemper and his cousin Emersen got out of my parents hot tub last sunday to find him reading Lion King to Charlie. My dad is hilarious when he reads to the kids. He makes the voices all really funny, and he gets really into it himself. He couldn't get any of the character names right, even the kids were correcting him. "No Grandpa, its Jafar, not Jaffer" My dad is famous for buchering names. It took him a long time to figure out Kemper. We love him so much, and he is so great with the kids. Thanks Pa!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I remember your Dad could never remember our names either! He used to call us things like, "Rug Rat" or "Curtain Climber" and he had us totally convinced that he used these terms because we had earned them by various good things we did, not because he couldn't remember our names! I remember being little and talking to him very seriously about exactly what I needed to do to graduate from "Rug Rat" to "Curtain Climber" and resolving that the next time I saw him, I would be a Curtain Climber! It wasn't until I was an adult that I even knew the real reason behind these names. I love your dad!

Kelli and Chad said...

That is classic Brooke!! He was sneaky with his forgetfulness. I remember being on our way to see you guys, and my mom would be helping my dad with your families names, and he just couldn't quite get you all straight! You would think there was like 10 of you or something.

Rachael said...

Ummm HELLO! How are you??? Thanks so much for posting on my blog. I am glad we are back in touch. What is up? How has your life been the last ten years? Geez. Your kids are so cute and I love that you went to Tucson on your mission. I also love that the supposed three most rowdy girls on "the program" went on missions...HA! I have a vivid memory I want to share with you. All I remember is walking into that big large room in Vashon and seeing you and Annie on the computers playing solitare at 3:00am because you were trying to switch your body clocks. Love it. Classic. Keep in touch! I am going to link you!