Sunday, August 24, 2008

The big strong man hike

Chad and Kyle gettin ready to cook dinner.
Kip, Kyle and my Dad. "Tasty!" To quote Kyle
My cute Dad after a long hike, I can hear him say, "that was nothin, I was in the Marine's!"
2 of the tents, they took 3. 3 tents for 5 guys??......Weird

This weekend, my Husband, my two brothers Kip and Kyle, my Dad, and my Brother in law Rick went on their annual hike into the Frank Church Wilderness. They hiked into a place called Vanity Lakes. They go for the fishing, and the hike. It is great they are all so close, and have made this a tradition the past 2 years. The places they go are really remote, and the hike is no walk in the park they tell me. I would love to go sometime, but this in a boys only thing! Ask my brothers and dad about listening for bears in the night, and Kips need to sleep in the middle. Chad tells me he knows now where my fear of bears came from! Love ya boys :)


4 comments:

Jenny C said...

Looks like fun! Are you running Top of Utah this year? My girlfriend and I are doing it. That would be fun to see you up there.

Shalie said...

What a fun tradition! Do all of the siblings in your fam start with a "K"? Grant and his brother's do their all boys trip every year, and sometimes I get really jealous because it would be nice for the girls to be invited just once!
We're planning on coming to Boise next Friday (the 5th) and leaving on Sunday. Is that OK with you guys?

Jenny C said...

Hello again! I am staying at my cousin's house that lives in Logan. I ran Deseret News last year. So, this is my second. That would be fun to see you up there. You should email me your phone number and maybe we could meet up. jennyleecapell@gmail.com

Jody said...

I haven't been on for awhile and it's good to see what you guys are up to. The kids are still adorable! And congrats on the new house. It's a whole big process but so worth it in the end!