Sunday, September 21, 2008

An exciting weekend

Yesterday I ran the Top Of Utah marathon in Logan. It was a great experience, even though around mile 18 I swore this was my last marathon, which of course it won't be.  I am happy about my time of 4:28, mainly because I hadn't trained as hard this year.  My brother Kip hardly trained at all and he came in just under 4 hours. So not fair. It was a great feeling at mile 24 seeing my sister in law Amy, she ran the last 2 mile with me!  She was so cute, asking me about movies, and my kids, trying to distract me from the burning in my legs.  It was a different running it alone, Kip took of in the first mile, usually there is a big group of us.  My Ipod was great though, how did we ever survive with just walkmans?  I did see a friend from highschool, which was fun. I can't wait to hear how she liked the TOU.  I am still in Utah, but I will post some fun pictures of the weekend on wednesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have run that with you! You did so awesome though! I always swear at each marathon that its my last one, and it never is. However this next one might be :) I might not survive!

Shalie said...

You are a rock star! I think its amazing that you can push your body to do that (even though its probably not meant to do that in the first place, be careful!). What an accomplishment. I won't ever join you, but I'll be cheering you on!

Kristen Mouw said...

you're amazing. I couldn't imagine doing such a thing, but then exercise barely seems tolerable most of the time. :) Great job Kelli!

Michelle said...

Go Kelli!!! You are awesome. I would rather poke my eye out with a hot poker.