Monday, October 20, 2008

The boys on their hunting trip

Chad, bro- in laws Chris, JR, (hoding Jake) and Zach (holding Kemper)
Kemper ran into a tree and got the big scrape on the side of his face.....sad
Chad with his HUGE (not so much) buck. Kemper was the one who saw it and begged Chad to shoot it! Should that worry me? Iam not sure yet.
Kemp and Grandpa Bruce
Zach and Bruce
Cousins, and best buds Jake, and Kemper
The boys around the fire, talking politics I'm sure :) I love how Chris is asleep.
Kemper in his hunter orange.
I love my two dirty lookin boys
They go every year for a whole week, this is Kemper's secong year going. Chad say's Kemper didn't stop running from morning till he hit the pillow at night. He even ran right into a tree, so that is not an exageration. Chad was the only one who shot a deer, sadly. And he wanted to shoot it so Kemp would have the experience. Its crazy,Kemp will cry hysterically for a sad dog or stuffed animal, but he is thrilled with hunting. He came home and told me "Mom we killed a boy deer, the mommy deer, and baby deer don't like him anymore. So its okay, they won't miss him" I start to laugh, and ask him how he knows they didn't like him anymore. He thinks for a minute, and says "hmm, I don't actually know" Chad walks over and tells me he let Kemper know that deer families are different then our human families, I am thinking to myself, what happens if you shoot a doe one year. Kemp does love Bambi. Anyway, next year I will let Chad deal with that one!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant get over how dirty kemper looks! and his poor face! how did he run into a tree? they do look like they had a ton of fun!

Krissy said...

So the favorite brother comment hurt!!! Chris said my batteries died. Which they do very easily... I love Chad. He's my man!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! Rex would probably cry.

Shalie said...

Wow, that's a nice deer chad, definitely should go on your other wall!! HAHAHA!! How fun that they got to do a boys thing. JR said it was really fun, I'm glad you posted pics of it.