Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

Fireworks at my mom's house
My Dad, Kyle, and Rick, Chad had to work :(
Andi and I, in Grandmas pool
You can tell I interupted Kempers swimming time to take a picture
Kemp and Bompa
The girls at dinner
Andi eating her first full slice of watermellon by herself
She was in heaven, and she had like 3 big slices
The best dad in the whole world, doing one of his favorite things, grilling!
Kemp getting ready for our 4-wheeler ride that morning
The latest obsession in our house, mario cart. Those who own this game will understand!
Rick, Kip, Chad, and Kyle, lovin the Wii
Emily, playing shark with some of the kids in the raft
Chad hung out as much as he could when he wasn't working. Here he is with Andi, spending quality daddy daughter time.
He is such a great dad, he melts all of our hearts.
My kids waiting by the front door, lets get this party started!

It was another great holiday. With one negative being my husband missed out on alot, including the fireworks. It is the first of almost 10 years together that he wasn't there. I had to keep telling myself, this is only temporary, he won't have this job for too long. It was still a great weekend, and we had so much fun with family and friends. I didn't take pictures of all that we did. Like Breakfast with Jess and Teyan, it was so delicious. And I didn't catch any of the amazing fireworks, and a sleepover with cousins.
I just have to say, I am so grateful for this country we are blessed enough to live in. Even though I get knots in my stomach with some of the things I see going on with this current administration, and all the wickedness, and people seeming to want to remove God from the land he himself has blessed, and made promised. I still have great hopes our country will pull through this crisis. And I will never forget the men and woman that did, and still do make it possible for us to have this great nation we have. I pray my children will get to really understand how lucky they are as well.
Ronald Reagan said, "If we ever forget we are one Nation under God, then we will be a Nation gone under."
Powerful words, I hope we all remember. (Thanks Steph for sharing that quote with me)

5 comments:

Shalie said...

What a fun 4th! How nice to have a pool to use whenever you want to :) Sorry Chad had to miss out on most of it, it's no fun when hubby's schedules don't work how we want them to. You're right, I will get baby stuff done before she gets here, the question is is if we will actually get into our house before she gets here, that's what I'm so frustrated about.

Erica said...

Looks like a fun 4th of July! Your kids are adorable! Is that Kami in the pic with you and your mom?? Tell them both HI!

Kristi said...

It looks like a fun weekend, Kelli with the family! Your kids are so stinkin adorable, for real. And I'm sure you have heard that form me before, but what can I say? It's true ;)

Colleen said...

Looks like a really fun 4th! I'm jealous of all the pool time. Andi is so stinking cute! I think we might share the same love for watermelon!

Kristen Mouw said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

I feel much the same as you about the direction this country is taking. All we can do is pray and know that all of this is in God's plan. I love how you worded that last paragraph.

Thanks for sharing!