Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Officer Hessing......finally!


So I wanted to write this latest news down, so someday I can look back and remember how everything we had to go through this past year has been so worth it. And also, how the lows have made the highs even more meaningful, and how 2009 just made us stronger. And I will never, ever doubt again that the Lord hears, and answers prayers.

We found out yesterday that Chad has been hired by the Ada County Sheriffs Office! It was one of the greatest days ever. And a day we have been waiting for. But if you would have told me I would be waiting for it, and so excited a couple years ago I would have said you were crazy! I never thought my husband would want to be a cop. So a year and a half ago when he said, "I really want to be a Cop, what do you think about that?" I was supportive, but in the back of my mind was thinking, this is just a phase he is going through. Chad has always been in construction, since I met him, that is all I thought he would ever want to do. But what I thought was a phase, turned into a life changing journey for both of us. He started right away, testing and applying, he changed his major to criminal justice. He got a job doing Hospital security, thinking that would help his chances. He got a gym membership!! So I knew he was serious :)

And so begins our long road of devastating dissapointments, and amazing victories. Dramatic you say? Well I guess you just had to be there to understand. Only family and some really close friends will understand what I mean. And I don't want to go off on a tangent about all the negative things that happened, mostly becuase there was always so much good to hold on to as well. At his lowest point Chad said, "As long as I have you, and the kids, and you guys love me, we can get through this." And he was right:)

So looking back to times when we thought it was hopeless to keep trying, and when we thought we had lost the fight. Chad ends up getting hired by the department that was his first choice in the very begining, but they had a freeze for a year. So during that year, he was prepared, he learned. Our faith was tested to its absolute limits. And then the time was right, and he was ready, it happened. All the bitter sure does make it sweet, thats for sure.

So this year is going to be great, I can just feel it. Chad gets sworn in on the 25th of this month. He is still doing construction with the buisness he started, Kemper Construction. Ada County is great cause Chad will work 4 days on 4 days off. So that gives him time to do construction if he wants. And he deserves this more than anyone, he has been through so much. I am so glad he set out with this goal, and he was not giving up til he got it. He will be such a great police officer, and he will excel, he does that with everything he does. I know I am a little biast, but it is true! I just want everyone that was there for us to know how much I love and appreciate it. And all that love got me through, you will never know how much it has meant. So bring on 2010! We are ready. And rest assured Idaho is going to be a little safer now, ha ha!

10 comments:

Erica said...

YAY! Congratulations! What an accomplishment- way to go, Chad! That was such a sweet post... I got a little teary-eyed. :)

I'm so happy for you!

april said...

What great news!! I am super happy for you both. Way to go Chad!! Hooray for 2010!

Shalie said...

Oh my gosh, I am even breathing easier now, I can't imagine how you are feeling. I am SO SO SO SO SO beyond happy and elated and excited for you guys, what a wonderful blessing. I hope if I ever speed through boise that it's Chad that picks me up!!!

Shalie said...

p.s. is Nov too soon for him to ask for time off to go on a sweet vacation?!

Stylin' Binder's said...

I am so HAPPY for you guys! Congrats! I bet Kemper is excited haha.

Krissy said...

This post made me cry?? I know, I'm always the emotional one but you guys seriously deserve this so much and I am so proud of my brother for not giving up. The lord truly looks out for us!!! You guys definately went thru alot, but now you know why!!!If Chad wants to practice frisking, he can try on me!!! Ha ha Sick!! I'm sure he's already practiced on you..

Stephanie said...

That is great news! So happy for you guys!

Sandy said...

That is fantastic. We need more good cops. Tell Officer Hessing that if he needs a break and parks behind the church...well, we just might call the cops on him. LOL. We did that a few months ago. Called the Sheriff's Office only to learn it was an officer parking out at the church. hahaha. Blessings come at the right time. The Lord's time not our time. Glad things are looking up.

Jenny C said...

That is awesome! Congrats! Glad it all woked out for you guys:)

Lindsey said...

Oh yay!! I am so happy for you guys!! How awesome Chad has found something he likes and is so manly!! Gotta love that! Congrats!! That is truly great news!!