Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our first camping trip of the summer

Andie was into the campfire
My tired camper
Jess and I
Kemper's tin foil dinner our first night
Chad was super excited for his foil dinner
Teyan and Andie
Pepsi cleaning Kemper's hands, thats how we wash our hands when camping!
They are buddies, plus Kemp had some food Pepsi wanted:)
By the second night Pepsi was pooped
Pandi in her playpen
Settlers of Catan, Teyan won....of course!
Me and my rugged outdoorsman
Kemp and Dad goin fishing
Camping season is here, and I am so excited. The last time we went camping last summer I was huge pregnant with Andie, it was so fun to actually have her with us. She did great, and she is gonna be a big time camper, I can alread tell! Camping is one of the greates things, and our camper makes it even better. I know, some would say it is not really camping if you aren't in a tent and have no water and electricity. Before kids I felt the same way, I have to say now though I couldn't go back to a tent. At least with both my kids. And have you heard of my fear at night of large animals, like bears and wolves? Weird, I know but I am never scared sleeping in our trailer. And who really wants to pee in the woods...seriously. We still rough it though, and we love secluded spots. The Curtis's wanted to rough it with us, well Jess did anyway. Teyan came cause he is a good sport, and a great cook! We had a lot of fun, it was great to get away from the stress and work, it is like therapy. And we didn't see any wolves this time, so that was a plus!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Kell. Where do I begin? First, I am glad that you had a nice time. Second, you are in BIG trouble if my husband happens upon this post. I have spent the last three years cultivating the story that mothers with young children do not camp. It got me out of the LeFevre Family reunion last summer. If you have blown my cover, you are busted!!!!!!!! Also, I second the fear of the animals at night! It is reason #4 of 897,566 reasons I do not camp! You guys are sure a dang cute family though!

Kelli and Chad said...

Brooke, I would hate to blow your cover! I figured you all were camping fools....kidding! If you ever come to Idaho we will go on a sweet camping trip and you will be begging your husband to buy a trailer and take you camping! Can you really camp in or around Vegas anyway?

Michelle said...

How fun! Just remember us if you ever need any company!

Shalie said...

Need I say more than I am super jealous. I am so anxious to go camping I can hardly stand it, but its been too rainy and wet. Grant and I decided that our big purchase this year (other than hopefully a new house) is going to be a camper trailer! I think it would make life so much nicer and warmer! Love ya

Brooke said...

You are too cute Kell. Sadly, you are the only female offspring of the Frodsham sisters to get the outdoors gene:) Remember my instense fear of bees? :) You actually can camp around Vegas (so I hear). We are very close to Mt. Charleston which gets cool enough for snow in the winter even! The Las Vegas stakes always do girls camp there. It still gets stinkin hot in the summer though! I would be happy to make a DAY trip there with you guys, as long as I can bring my net hat to protect my head from bees:) Poor Cory would love nothing more than a camper and a camping/fishing trip!.... could you and Chad take him for me?:)

april said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Markham is always saying, "we need to go camping" and I am saying, "I don't want to be bear food!" I totally share your fear of big wild animals that want to eat me! I am happy that you can overcome your fear enough to have such a great time and build fun memories with your kids, who are stinkin' adorable by the way :)

Jody said...

Looks like fun! We are going this weekend - my boys can't wait. It's always a lot of work to get there, but once we're there we are always so glad we did it.