Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Book Club

Alicia, Me, Jessica, Dixie. (not shown Michelle, who left early, Emily, and Sara)
I am so excited we had our first Book Club meeting last night. We have been talking about it forever, so we finally decided to do it. The seven of us will meet once a month to discuss the book selection, and we chat about lots of other important things of course! Men, kids, clothes, politics......we all know woman like to talk.:) The book for this month is Alicia's pick, The Time Travelers Wife. I am super excited to read it, I have heard lots of great things about it. It will be great to have so many great books to read, and they will all be so different, and it is so fun just to be with great friends. Thanks Jess for putting it all together, and for the great food.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

How fun. I wish I was a part of something like that. It would probably help me to actually finish all the books I start to read!

Michelle said...

Oh so is that why Jessica pushed me out of the door so quickly? She didn't want me in the picture?!?!?! Rude! ;)

Anonymous said...

we all know why you left in such a hurry michelle! and it had nothing to do with you being in a picture...

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea and good for you actually getting it going! :)

april said...

HOW FUN!! I totally need to join a book club. Maybe it would make me read more than magazines. I have like 4 subsrciptions, it keeps a girl busy!

BTW, you guys have been in our prayers. I heard from my mom a few weeks ago. We were happy to hear everything is going well now.

Shalie said...

Fun! I wish I could join and be a member from afar :) Let me know how the book is, I have a hard time going to the bookstore to get a book, 'cause I'm not sure which one's are really all that great or not.

Ashley said...

Can I just tell you how jealous I am right now? I would love to be a part of a book club!!!!! Reading is one of my favorite things to do. And it is always hard to decide what to read. A book club would be perfect. Let us know what you read so that we can hear about all the good book, and maybe bad, that you read!!