Saturday, March 14, 2009

A conversation with Grandma

My Mom and Dad came over to babysit while Chad and I went out. She told me this when we got home.

(As she is gettin him in bed)
Kemper:
Grandma, is tomorrow Church day?
My Mom:
No, tomorrow is Saturday.
Kemper:
Punches the air in excitement.....and says Yessssssss!
My Mom:
chuckling, she says, you don't like church?
Kemper:
I don't like primary, the teachers and all the people, boss me around and tell me what to do.
My Mom:
oh really
Kemper:
Yeah, they are mean, I don't like it. In fact they are rude!!
My Mom:
trying not to laugh says. You should try this sunday, whenever anyone asks you to do something say, sure I would love to do that, and just be extra nice to the teachers.
Kemper:
He just looks at my Mom, with one of those looks like.....I am not buying this.



We were all laughing so hard. He has a hard time sitting in primary, as you can imagine. He did give his first talk last week, and did great. I think this is funny now, but if he still feels the same about church in his older year........that is not gonna keep me laughing!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

That is hilarious! Thatcher and Kemper sound a lot alike.

PS.
Reunion next summer 2010? What do you think? Do you want to help me plan?

Jenny C said...

That is so funny! Gotta love it!

Shalie said...

That is too stinkin' cute! That boy of yours has quite the personality!

Stephanie said...

That is so funny! Isaac is in a class with like 5 girls, so I'm expecting in a year or two to hear some interesting comments from him about Primary.

Lindsey said...

What a little ham he is!! It sounds like he is pretty independent and likes to do what he wants!! That is awesome!!! What a cutie!

Colleen said...

Oh great that's probably how all the kids in nursery feel about me, only they are too young to express it! That's really cute though! Do I remember right that you are doing the SLC half? Are you running it alone? We should meet up at the start or something, and run the first 6 miles together until the half splits away(if I can keep up with you!)