Monday, March 2, 2009

My scrapbook and journal

Last week at my awesome book club my sister-in-law Emily showed me her blog book she had just had made. It looked so great, and totally inspired me. I always beat myself up about not keeping a journal, and my lack of skill and creativity when it comes to scrapbooking. I try, but I have just come to accept that I am not one of those domestic, crafty type woman. So that is why I am so excited about this Blog book thing! No more stressing that I am not making enough cute scrapbooks for my children and posterity......seriously, I loose sleep thinking about all my failures as an un-artistic woman! And, I am going to start writting some of the sweet, funny, and of course frustrating things my kids do. That way it will always be there for them to read someday. I know Kemper won't beleive at 4 1/2 he threatened to run away, and he packed his suitcase with his whole underwear and sock drawer, and no matching shoes. You can't make this stuff up!! And I don't want to forget it. So thanks Emily for showing me your sweet book. And fair warning that I will be posting stuff that might not be all that exciting to most, but to us, someday it could be priceless!

3 comments:

Shalie said...

that is exactly why I did my blogs into books! I am not crafty at all, and I really suck at scrapbooking (besides, its really really expensive if you want it to look halfway decent). Good luck, its really easy and fun. Emily knows what she's doing now, but if you need help, I'm here to help ya too!

Unknown said...

Kell, at least your HOT!! so stop stressing and the blog to book thing is really fun. Have you gotten started yet? I personally think that these will be nicer then a scrap book because there is stories and real feelings in it unlike a scrap book with just pictures. So really you are being a super smart domestic wife!

Unknown said...

By the way the stroy about Kemper packing his underwear drawer is priceless already, love it!