Sunday, July 19, 2009

Boating with the Gerratts

Our family riding in the boat
Andi spending quality time with her dad before he has to leave for work
The Dad's with their kids, getting ready to jump into the water
Chad giving surfing a try for the first time






He got right up, that is my man!










Scott and Sommers both are great at driving the boat.





Sommers surfing

Kemp laughing at something Sommers did






Snack time for the kids










Shaydon and Sommers


Scott took Kemp with him on the Surf board

They got right up, Kemp was loving it. He told me he was the best surfer ever :) pretty sure Scott had a lot to do with that!



The tired little 2 year olds! Andi and Shaydon both took a little snooze while we were boating








We are cool in our sunglasses. (Actually I think I was wearing Sommers while she was surfing!)

It is a real smile!!! I just had to have proof that yes, she really does smile :)


They are such good buddies











Sommers wrote the kids' names in the sand, and they played on a little beach before we left.

We had such a great day boating yesterday. Our good friends, and niehbors, Scott and Sommers, and their little boy shaydon, invited us to the lake with them. It was the perfect day to go. It was about 104 degrees, and the water was great. It was so great everyone in Boise must have had the same idea, there was a 40 minute wait to unload and park at Spring Shores. So we had to go up further to Macks Creek. It was worth it though, we all had a blast. Chad was able to go for a couple hours then we had to drop him back off at the dock. The rest of us stayed till after eight. Andi and Shaydon did so awesome without their naps, they never cried or got sick of the boat. And we were out all day. I tried surfing, and I got up. But staying up is something I am going to have to work on. It was so hot that I was thankful we had the lake to swim in to cool down. It was the first time I remember it being so warm I didn't have to use my towel at all. I am already dreading the summer to end, it has been so fun. Next time hopefully my husband can stay the whole time, then it really would be completely perfect! Thanks again Scott and Sommers!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love boating, looks like you guys do too!!! I love summer, isn't it great....yay!!! Those kids sure look worn out!

Shalie said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Look at you all tan :)

Colleen said...

Wow looks like you're having a really fun summer. I'm jealous of all the outdoor stuff you've been able to do!

Unknown said...

Love love love the picture of Andi smiling!!! And of coarse the one of Kemper on the surf thing with Scott, your comment about it is still making me laugh!

Michelle said...

So when's our invite? :)