Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Four Wheeling and Fishing

Starting our journey
Chad and I traded back and forth with holding Andi and Kemp
I figured it would be too cold to swim, so I ddin't bring swim suits. Not smart, cause we stopped at some great hot springs. So my kids just went naked. Chad and I decided to sit this one out and watch :)
Kemp in the Hot springs, but see here is proof he does wear his swim suit :)
another great spot we found, Kemp caught two fish. And again, no swim suits :(
One of the fish he caught
Andi was loving the fish. She was devastated when we threw it back in the water
This spot had a huge beach for the kids to play in, it was great.
Andi chasing grasshoppers. She has a thing for bugs, loves them, and sometimes fears them at the same time. It is really cute though
Andi was so good without her afternoon nap. But sure enough, about 2 miles into our 15 mile ride back to the truck she fell asleep in my arms. It was tricky driving some of the really winding road with only one arm. And of course the one I was holding her with fell asleep, but it was worth it!
We were serioulsy wind blown by the time we got back to the truck!

We took the kids on an all day four wheeling trip on Monday. I was wondering how Andi would handle being on the ATV for such a long drive. Kemp has done it many times, and he loves it. Andi did suprisingly well, we had to stop a few times and let her run around a bit. We had a blast. My little boy is developing a serious fishing obsession though, Chad is so proud of course. I harass Chad a little cause most little boys are throwing footballs with their dads, mine is casting his pole with his. I will probably be the one throwing the ball for the kids around my house :) I must admit, he is dang good at the whole fishing thing, his dad has taught him well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I loved this post! the no swim suit pics were hysterical! And the sleeping Andie was just precious!

Leah said...

What a fun time to just get away and enjoy your family. It seems inevitable, when you think you won't need something you end up needing it.

Ashley said...

That is just the Cutest thing I have seen!! She must have been really tuckered out! What a fun family outing. I have never been on a four wheel before and I bet they are awesome!!

Stephanie said...

I love seeing all your outdoor adventures, you are a true outdoors family! Idaho is a great place for that. I'm wishing I was there instead of enduring 108 degree weather.

Miller Family said...

What a great time!!! I would love to do that! Was that in Boise that you did that? Everything is so beautiful!!! I love the mountains there...we dont have anything like that just hills here....great family memories Kelli!