Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seven years already! (cheesiness is included)

Yesterday Chad and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. We got sitters for our kids and we stayed in a hotel for the night. It was so much fun, and the whole night we were reflecting on the time we have had together. And how lucky we are to have found each other. We were talking about those major moments when we were dating that we knew we had to be together forever. One such moment for me was on I think our second date, and we were coming home in his truck. I was sitting next to him. We were still at that kinda shy, not really sure what to do or say next stage. It was dark, and we had pulled up to a light, and he leaned down and gave me a soft kiss and a smile, and then looked back up at the light. It will sound weird, but I can't explain what that moment felt like. Tingling and butterflies from my head to my toes. Nothing like I have ever felt before. And this girl that was afraid of commitment, and terrified of being with one person for the rest of my life, was forever changed. Everything about me that I felt was damaged didn't seem to be anymore. And everything just made sense for the first time. It was like coming home after a long time away. Of course I am not perfect, and he is not perfect. And we have our arguments, and drive each other crazy!! Mostly in a good way:) But together we have found perfection, and I am so thankful I have him. And for the life we have built together. I am especially grateful for those two kids in his truck that night, that understood that this was it, and decided not to screw it up! I Love you Chadwick.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I think that is just the sweetest thing I have ever heard!! I seriously got tears in my eyes. It sounds so cute and I can see why you did fall for him at that moment. What a cute story! Happy 7th anniversary!!

Sommers said...

He is pretty special. I mean who fixes someone else doors on his
7th anniversary? What a GREAT catch you have!! Thanks for both your friendships! Congrats!

Shalie said...

That is so sweet! I was like you and I was scared to be with one person for the rest of my life, and beyond! But, Grant changed me :) Happy Anniversary, glad you had such a wonderful experience.

april said...

congrats you guys!! I can't believe it has been 7 years! You two are perfect together ;)

Cara said...

It doesn't sound like you guys have the seven year itch. Happy Anniversary!

Erica said...

how cute was that post?! LOVED it! Congratulations!!