Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Annual Cluff Convention

Me and the Family after the Cluff Convention in Provo
Uncle Larry and Aunt Marry Ellen. They were so sweet to let my parents, and me and my two kids stay at their house for a few nights.
Aunt Marry Ellen reading to Kemper before bed. Kemper is still talking about the books she read him.
This bird is so cool. His name is Bayou, and he does all sorts of tricks. He loves Marry Ellen, here he is giving her a kiss.
Kemp had a sunflower in his mouth and Bayou took it. Kemp was a bit nervous at first.
Kyle with his girlfriend Brittany. She is so great. They were discussing their basketball picks.
At dinner, with lots of the cousins and we went to Golden Corral  one night. I apoligize for my older, very mature brother Kip in the back. He just always wants the attention, ya know!
Kyle proudly displaying the Cluff cup during his speech at the Convention. He did so amazing, such a great speaker.
Eating at the luncheon after
Uncle Larry made a fire one night and this is Kemp attempting to roast a hotdog. He was saying it was too hot.
So he took a break, and I got stuck with the job!! It was pretty funny
My Dad gets a little camera happy, and he took a picture of my glass of  the Coldest water in the world. I use to think when I was young my Dad truly made the coldest water in the world, it seems like it is even now that I am all grown up.
My Aunt Marry Ellen has the greates toys. I would play for hours with them when we used to visit as a little girl. And I was so excited to see she kept them all!! So this was Andi's favorite thing the whole time we were there (the animals were a close second!) Ficsher Price really knows how to make toys.
Really Funny story: On our way to Salt Lake we had a blow out on the freeway. I was with my sister and her two girls, and I had borrowed my sister in law Krissy's Van. We were almost to Ogden when it happened. Luckily, everyone was fine, and I was cool under pressure, and got us safely to the side of the freeway :) But there were tons of cars zooming past, and my sister and I are pathetic, I will admitt, and didn't know how to change a tire! Later a couple cops came wich was great. In the mean time, Emersen, my eight year old neice was crying and scared. The rest of the kids were fine. She was having a hard time. Kemper tried to calm her down a couple times as he looked up semi-interested from his DS. Finally, he looked up at a sniffling Emersen and Said "Keep it in perspective....geeze" and went back to his DS. I could not believe my 5 year old said that!!  He seriously cracks me up, all the time. I always think he isn't listening to me, but here is proof he is. I know I have told him many times to Keep it in perspective :) 
Kemper holding one of the baby hampsters. Thanks Aunt Marry Ellen, this is ALL he has talked about since we got back!
Stoking the fire!
This is for all you rodent lovers out there, ha ha!! You have to admit they are cute!
The 4 siblings and my parents at the Convention.


This past week I took my two kids, and picked up my sister and her two kids and we headed to Utah to see family and go the Anual Cluff convention. Our husbands both had to work :( but it was a fun road trip with my sister. So Cluff is my Great Grandfather. He did all sorts of things for BYU back in the day, and it is pretty cool really. Anyway, it was such a fun weekend. I am so glad I decided to go and take my two kids. They never really get to see my side of the family in Ulah. We did some shopping, we went to the Dinasour Museum wich was so great. The kids went swimming. Of course I forgot my camera! So my Dad gave me some of his. My cousin Shannon and her teenage girls, and my neices Emma and Shaylan, were so awesome and watched all the little kids while we went to Provo to see Kyle speak at the Convention. My kids LOVED spending time With Aunt Marry Ellen, and Uncle Larry. And are already asking me when they can go back. And Kemper is convinced he has to have a hampster now!

4 comments:

Krissy said...

It's about flippin time you updated your blog!! I always look and today I am happy!! I know I say this often but it is so very true!! You need to stop getting so pretty!!!
I want some of your dad's coldest water in the world!!! :)

I can't believe that tire??? How terrible.. I love Kemper's comment!!

Shalie said...

What a fun trip, but scary about the tire. Geez, I would have freaked out like your neice. Kemp would have had to tell me to keep things in perspective!! (That is hilarious that he said that!!) Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

Jenny C said...

How fun! I love visiting family! Scary about the tire. Glad you got help. I would have no idea how to change a tire. And I live right by the Dinosaur Museum:)

Brittany said...

I love your blog Kelly!! It was endlessly fun to re-live your visit through all your pics and words! It was awesome to spend more time with you. Hopefully I'll see you soon and Happy Easter!