Monday, March 8, 2010

Good times

Chad made artichokes one night, the kids both loved them
It was Dr. Suess B-day week for Kemper at school. So I took a few pictures of the different things we did every day. Monday was crazy hair day. And then Friday was Dress up like your favorite character from Dr. Suess day. His hair was kinda blue, but you can't really tell in the picture. He also had an inside out day, crazy hat day, and dress in red and white day. He loved getting up every morning last week, thats for sure!
Andi and Kemper like to play in this cupboard in the office sometimes. It is pretty cute.
Kemper with one of his girlfriends :) He told me, "Mom, I think I am starting to fall in love with Brooke" Oh boy.......it begins already.
Andi, Kemper, and Pepsi hanging out in the back of the truck while dad brings lumber out from Lowes
On Saturday, me and the kids went out to a construction job Chad has. It was fun to hang out with him on a saturday. Most of his Saturdays has been spent on this addition.
Chad took a break to fly kites with the kids
Andi, having a snack on the flatbed trailer. I love how she is finally smilling for the camera!!
Chad holding Ethan at Red Robbin, Jess and Teyan met us for lunch after Chads Graduation.
Some qualitly time with Dad! It is so cute to come home from a meeting and see my little family watching a movie in my bed.


Life has been busy, but great at our house. Chad is loving his new job. He just graduated on Friday from the first part of his training. I took pictures, but Chad says NO PICTURES of him in his police cothes, AT ALL. Which is a shame cause he looks really hot in them! He is pretty funny about it, I think they really discourage putting pictures on any public forum. And I am not ready to go private with my blog. So, I will just have to write about his experience so far with Ada County.  He just finished his first 6 weeks of training at the in-house Academy. It was so great to see him up there with his fellow officers. There was 8 of them all together. Chad was one of 4 that was not already working for Ada County in some capacity. Pretty amazing when you think of the hundreds that applied with him. He has learned so much, and he knows even more that this is what he wants to do. My Dad, and Chad's parents were there to see him graduate. I got to go up and pin his official badge on him. And we got to hear the Sheriff speak wich was pretty cool. He got Pepper sprayed, and tazored the last week. I really, really wanted to post pictures of that!! He did incredible at the shooting range where they had to qualify for their weapons (not a big surprise, Chad has been shooting since he as 3) I am so proud of him, and it is so great to see him so happy. Tired....but really happy. Next it is 5 weeks at the Police academy in Meridian. I will be really excited to get through the next five weeks and have Chad go to 4 days on 4 days off. And soon it will be summer, and we will get some time off for camping!!! It is funny, I am already thinking and planning our first trip.

4 comments:

april said...

I am glad to hear things are going well for Chad at the P.D.!

I love that Kemper thinks he is in love, ha ha ha. That cracked me up, how cute. I also love the Dr. Suess hair and the "thing 1" costume, we just read the Cat and the Hat! It is such a classic! You have a way cute family!

Unknown said...

All I have to say is we better be in the "plans" for camping this summer!! :) I too am already way excited for it!

Krissy said...

Love the pictures!!! How fun!!! Camping is coming up! This time I won't be pregnant!!!!

Shalie said...

So much fun! I can't wait to see you guys in April!