Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bring on the Sledding!

Chad did lots of sledding with the kids since I couldn't do any. It was hard to just watch....pregnancy, boo.
 Andi actually went down the hill this time! She usually won't even go down slides at the park
 My friend Sommers and her so cute little guy, Slater. He was so good and just hung out and watched.
                                        My little daredevil cruising down the mountain.
                                        Scott made lots of trips up the hill with all the kids too.
 Alisha and Toms baby Rory. She is so cute in that pink snow suit. She can't wait to go sledding next year :)
                                                Shaydon was also fearless, and he owned that mountain.
              Buddies from birth. Andi and Shaydon. They went on the sled together alot.
 Tom, after a victorious run from the very top. I am suprised he didn't hurt himself this trip. He usually does
 Chad built us a fire. We roasted marshmellows and had lunch and snacks. Nice and toasty!
         Avry and Edyn. I don't think these two ever took a break the whole time we were there.
                     Andi loves Sommers.All those playgroups I guess! She took a moment and snuggled up to her.
 Chad and I took my niece Emersen with us. She had so much fun, and is always a little ray of sunshine.
                                                                       Love these two!!


A few days ago we went up to Grimes Creek with some friends to do some serious sledding. We love this spot, and go a couple times at least every winter. I was pretty much there for moral support, I thought sledding 9 months pregnant might not be the best idea! It was really fun though. The kids did so good, and had so much fun. No one ever said they were cold, or complained about wanting to leave. In fact after over 3 hours of sledding, and it was getting dark, we had to convince the kids to leave.  I can't wait to go again in a few weeks when I am no longer with child, and sled with my kids. Sledding really is the best thing about winter. Actually, the only good thing about winter!

2 comments:

Shalie said...

What a fun trip! Glad no one got hurt. Roasting mallows is a GREAT idea in the winter!!

Anonymous said...

i was SO bummed that we missed it! it looks like you guys had a blast!